RSS

Pages

Ryan Leslie: A Prodigy (Literally)



KNOCK KNOCK MUSIC HEADS, has anyone heard R. Les' self titled album. It's seriously an unexpected treasure of musical gold according to me (I am THE connoisseur of a true sound). I can jam this album straight through, and even though my wife doesn't seem to be the biggest fan, I'm a littled bothered as to why???? Why baby?????She's not admitting it currently, but she secretly loves this album, and evidently she's telling me different because she knows it baffles me. Watch yall, this cat is about to be the future.

Ryan Leslie, tested out of high school early, and went on to Harvard where he graduated at the ripe age of 19. A dude who has an education from Harvard in Government and Economics, and chooses to write, produce, and sing has clearly got his whole heart and mindframe in this music.

Tracks like "Gibberish" which he describes as an array of emotions all bottled up inside. Gibberish is what comes out, when your mind can't produce clearer words to convey.

"I-R-I-N-A", a classic track where Leslie seems to be speaking to a young lady he's diggin. He taunts to her, " I want to make you happy, by just being myself, cause I can't be nobody else".

"Valentine", where Leslie whimpers, " I don't have to say you're beautiful, youve got plenty of other guys to say those words to ya." He goes on to say, "I KNOW YOU'RE NOT MY GIRLFRIEND, I SWEAR THAT I LOVE YOU". This is a song that makes me want to let the windows down in my car (which I seldom do) so the world can get a quick listen, and they too will know what good music sounds like.

R. Les if you're out there reading my blog, I'm ampin your album, and pubbin for you hard, cause I hear you bro. If you need a publicist, I recieved my undergraduate degree in Public Relations, and can be of valuable service to getting your album OUT THERE!

They need to hear it. If you're reading this, and you haven't listened to this brothas album, you need to get somewhere and get to listening. STRAIGHT UP!!

There is nothing in this galaxy comparable to an album that can be played straight through. My students listen to this album with me, because there are no curse words and they feel the positive energy the speakers emit. IT'S GOLDEN!!!

www.myspace.com/ryanleslie

rheeghordliss

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment