RSS

Pages

IN OTHERS NEWS...


So I just got back from a refreshing Spring Break, and NO I wasn't priveleged to feel the St. Thomas sand between my toes, but it was still eventful. I enjoyed the option of having nothing to do on some days, and just enjoying the peace and quiet of being at home. We voyaged out of town a couple of times, and really made the most of the break. We went to see Eric Roberson in concert in Dallas, TX. For those of you who haven't heard of this brother, his music is phenomenal. I can't even think of another artist he'd be comporabhttple too. All I can tell you is to check him out (www.blueerrosoul.blogspot.com). We went with a couple of friends to his 11 o'clock show, which was intimate and not overbearing or stuffy at all. There was plenty of room to breathe and understand the music as it came to us. A young lady by the name of Wayna headlined for his show. She too, had an intereting sound, and even though I hadn't heard of her, I did take a liking to some of her songs. Youtube her, I think you can listen to her as well. The concert was at an eclectic Art Gallery in Dallas, and ended at a decent hour. We'd planned to come back to Houston the next morning, but my wife got a call as we were eating and planning to hit the road that Erykah Badu was performing in Austin at SXSW(South by Southwest). The group took a vote and decided to head to Austin immediately, which we did. It worked out perfectly because my inlaws are in Austin, so we had no problem with lodging etc. We made it to the concert just when Erykah was done, and missed the 2 songs she performed, which was a bummer. It felt so good outside though, we decided we'd make the best out of it, and enjoy the wind as it flirted with our skin. After the concert was over, we got in the car and headed to our next engagement, which was seeing Bun B, Dead Prez, Killa Mike, The Cool Kids, and others in concert at the Austin Convention Center. That concert was high energy, and though we were tired from our weekend Music Binge we hung out as long as we could. Music is so overwhelming in all its splendor. It can really orchestrate the way you feel and how you perceive the moment you're in. MUSIC is the axis my world was spinning on all week long. Before we left for our weekend getaway, we went to Soundwaves and bought a bunch of old CD's we'd loved before, and forgotten about. It was a great Spring Break for me. Now, I must get back to the reality of life, that I'm no rock star, and structure must come back into clear view. PEACE for now...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment