RSS

Pages

WHERE AM I?

I literally ran across this poem.

The premise behind this poem was actually assigned to me in a Communications class in undergrad. We were assigned to write about a place we are in, and let our classmates guess where we are (i.e. an oven, a car, an airplane). As you will see, I decided to take the road less traveled.

It's partly written from me, and partly my eldest brother.




In the midst of this madness, that brings both pleasure and pain.

Where clear skies calm my nerves, but storms drive me insane.

I'm in limbo, somewhere between up and down.

A roller coaster if you will; did you hear that strange sound?

Like the beat from a drum, both furious and fast.

My heart jumps from my chest, my palms bead with sweat.

I'm in the midst of a madness, I hope I won't regret.

Between my heart and my soul is a heated debate.

My mind left out, seems that it can't relate.

How I got here is a mystery, something I just can't explain.

But if my residence changes, I'll be miles from sane.

I find truth within my soul, where lies are working overtime.

I'm the richest man in the world, but my pocket harbors a dime.

My nostrils are spread wide even in the midst of troubled times, and I can't find a bad attitude

on a sheet of paper with no lines.....I'm gone!!!

It's real in the battlefield, but it's serene in the home.

Never felt the need to be a dog, never felt the need to go out and roam.

I'm confused cause I'm cool, and just can't understand.

Why mystery knocks on my door late at night and holds me by the hand.

Smiley faces, and thank you's on mornings when it counts the most.

Keep me burning on the inside like a fresh bed of toast.

"GET REAL", I have to say to myself as if this aint true.

Don't laugh cause these crazy feelings listed above have probably happened to you.

I'm separated by a thin line, but I dare not cross.

Forgive me for what I've done in the past, I've messed up, I'll take the loss.

I'm a skyscraper on an alleyway, a chair in a bathtub.

I'm a phonebook on an abandoned highway, how about a hospital next to a club.

I am the memory to unforgettable moments, the key to fantasies.

I am a breakfast in bed, or a forest full of leaves.

I could care less about the hard times, cause I'm soothed by the good.

I'd give everything I had, If I had anything I would, where am I?



(*state of mind, not a physical place)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Audreyanna Garrett, MBA, MSc said...

It is something short of amazing....

WHERE ARE YOU? A figment...in the heart...in the mind...a fight...described but the feeling makes it real. I love life experience...is it heaven that is so distance? The peace that we can't experiece??? Where is it???

Does that make any sense???

Post a Comment